The best TeachMeet so far featured:
- A mad raffle – and Saba won her moose!
- The fruit machine name picker.
- Pose Pause Pounce Bounce – Questioning strategy shared by Ruth.
- QR code marking samples for digital work – a great (and environmental) approach to work scrutiny shared by Fran.
- Question Tokens – sick of the endless ‘Ma’am! Ma’am’ or ‘Sir! Sir!’? – try this questioning approach shared by Shabana!
- e-Marking, Green Pen Matters friendly assessment stickers (for those with terrible handwriting) – shared by Leigh (care of Danny).
- Anagram makers on your SmartNotebook software – shared by Queen of the SmartBoard and winner of our Twitter prize, Leigh.
- Getting pupils to read instructions – a 3 minute approach to teach kids a valuable lesson shared by Mary B.
- Plenary team relays – a competitive, interactive and very fun plenary idea shared by Alexia (and beware Leanne when taking part in anything remotely competitive. She is fierce!).
- Using Padlet for peer-assessment – a free and very marvellous website that has many different applications in classrooms (particularly those with iPads) shared by me!
- Using film to engage learners and teach very tricky concepts in Science – Saba making scary physics concepts far less scary! Did you know that Iron Man would actually rust if his suit was made of iron?!
- Miffy being hurled across the room at Mary and Saba.
Don’t miss next month’s TeachMeet! If you’ve been lurking for the last few gatherings maybe it is time to present…?